Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Chapati Moments: Part 2

This is going to be a short message but then again, I do tend to ramble on... so it may not be a short message (see, whaddiditellya?). Just to let you know that I posted Chapati Moments: Uncle Veloo's Vindaloo in Navel Gazing:

http://thegazerofnavels.blogspot.com/2007/04/chapati-moments-uncle-veloos-vindaloo.html

As I was half waking up late Sunday morning (very late Sunday morning) I felt the words pouring down into my head, literally pelting down like heavy rain. I had to scramble up quickly to look for pen & paper and write it as fast as I could. After a while, I got tired and just plopped back to sleep. Then I woke up again several hours later to jot down more & more words and so... that's how Uncle Veloo's Vindaloo was conceived. Without any warning. By the time I finally got out of bed to shower it was already 7pm! I hope this doesn't happen too often or I would have to give up my day job (... and I have a night job? you are wondering...).

Why Chapati Moments? you may wonder or you may not give a toss. Its not just a bit of fun. Its about people and their fetishes and things we do not want to know about. We all have our idiosyncracies and we think that's ok but when we hear other people's "alternative lifestyle" we start judging them or think they are disgusting. I'm sure there are loads of people who don't change their underwear everyday and loads who do turn their briefs inside out because they are too lazy to wash their undies. Oh, if you haven't read it yet, I don't wanna spoil it for you. Go read it first and I will write Chapati Moments : Raison D'etre another day. Go enjoy yourselves in whatever ways you want - but stay within the legal limits ok...

No comments: