Monday, March 05, 2007

Hafiz: That's the Whole Idea

My friends have complained that they have been very depressed by my last few postings on world disorder so I will ease off this topic for a while. In fact, I'm in the midst of creating another blog and posting the more serious (yes, depressing stuff) on that blog and this one should (I hope) remain lighthearted. Those of you who want to read the more serious blog please email me at toadexodus@gmail.com, tell me who you are etc and I will point you to the new blog.
Right now, I don't have anything lighthearted to post so I will post a poem by Hafiz for some Sufi healing for all of us ....

That's the Whole Idea

Fire has love for itself -
It wants to keep burning.

It is like a woman
Who is at last making love
To the person she most desires.

Find a Master who is like the Sun.

Go to His house
In the middle of the night.

Smash a window.
Act like a great burglar -
Jump in.

Now,
Gather all your courage -
Throw yourself into His bed!

He will probably kill you.

Fantastic -
That's the whole idea!

No comments: